Re: [NTLK] OT DuoDock.

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 12:05:50 PST

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 11:25 PM, Bog Rat wrote:
<snip>
> any chance of fitting it up to run os X?
>>
>> NO!
>
> Ok, do you reckon OS9.x ? As in OS 8, it will not see OS X computers.

Hmmm, I would say no. I mean 9 will probably work on the PPC based
duos like the 2300, but it need a lot of RAM, so it would be SLOW.

OS's prior to 9 will see OSX boxes if all is configured properly for
ethernet sharing...

You need to have Appletalk enabled on the correct network interface
from OSX's Network preference panel, and you need to TCP/IP configured
properly for the OS8 machine to reside on the same network. Also, you
need to have an ethernet connection for the Duo. Some of the docks had
this, I think some didn't.

Good Luck,
Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html