[NTLK] Rebuilds: eMate batteries and MacPortables batteries

From: Juan M (juanm_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 10:37:40 PST

Hi
I just found a company that will rebuild an existing eMate battery. I
know there are other on the internet but have not see this one before.
The cost is $33. (They will also rebuild a sealed lead acid battery in
the original Apple Portable, i.e. the 'luggable' for $83!!! ouch)

http://www.ebatts.com/modelselect.asp?Model=1293747

6. Rebuilds

   Our mission to provide you with a brand new battery for your
device. In rare instances, however, new batteries are simply not
available. In most of these cases, we can rebuild your existing
battery (providing it is no longer functional). These batteries will
be designated as "rebuilds" in our catalog (and are denoted using an
"RB-xxxx" part number). In order for us to rebuild your battery, you
must send it in to us. We carefully open the plastic casing of your
old battery and install a new cell-pack inside. The plastic casing is
the re-sealed. In effect, you then have a new battery inside the old
plastic casing. A rebuilt battery is guaranteed to meet or exceed the
original manufacturer specifications and comes with a 1 year warranty.
The turn-around time for rebuilds is generally 2 to 3 working days. If
you wish to have a battery rebuilt, send it to:

eBatts.com
Attn: Rebuild Dept.
703 Rancho Conejo Blvd.
Newbury Park, CA 91320 USA

   Make sure you include your name, day time phone number and e-mail
address along with the battery. We will contact you upon receipt of
the battery in order to arrange billing.
   To check the price of a specific battery rebuild, use our search
engine to locate your device, or search by the battery's part number.
A rebuild part number will appear along with a corresponding price.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html