[NTLK] eMate or Newton 9W power adapter

From: Juan M (juanm_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 10:05:25 PST

I see these power adapters on eBay from time to time and there is
someone who makes them also and sells them on eBay.

i also see the older Newton 7W power adapters. Apple indicates that
these lower wattage adapters will work in the eMate but will result in
the batteries being charged more slowly as opposed to the 9W adapter.

Are there other sources for power adapters for the eMate?

Also are their substitute AC adapters for the eMate that can be used?
(such as from Radio Shack or similar stores)

I tried a auto cigarette lighter power adapter from a CD player with my
eMate recently and it worked. This power adapter has the following
specs: output 4.5VDC.

If I use another AC power adapter what should I be concerned about.
obviously the plug adapter has to fit but what should the DC output be
for Volts, Amps or watts?

Thanks

Juan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html