Re: [NTLK] Wireless DHCP error?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 20:11:38 PST

on 25/03/03 19:53, Dr. Julie Armstrong at Drarmstrong_at_mac.com wrote:

> Okay, here's the problem...
>
> Using MP 2100 with Lucent silver card, Airport, I try to connect to
> webmail.mac.com I select the Lucent silver card for connect and it
> tries to connect, but I get error -60088. Okay, cannot connect DHCP.
>
> So what can I try next? Yes, I'm a newbie, but I don't know enough to
> know what I don't know!
>
> Also there are a number of EnRoute extensions on my newt, but I see no
> application icon! Can I delete them or are they necessary for the
> inbox? If I want to access my .Mac account, which email program is
> recommended?

I would recommend that if you haven't done so, open 'Internet Setup' and
create a setup that you will configure to use your Lucent card. Then, hop to
'Owner Info' and create a worksite. Name it 'Home AirPort' or something
similar, and add your Internet setup that you just created as the default
setup for that worksite. Then, when you'll try to connect, make sure you
select your worksite from the connection dialog, in the upper left corner.

-Laurent.

fascist adj.: [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying
security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that
said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The
variant `fascistic' seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy
with `touristic' (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish
`faschistisch').
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html