Re: [NTLK] Spam Arrest Verification for List Posting

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 05:47:21 PST

on 25/03/03 03:59, Andrew Maier at andrew_at_maier.name wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 04:50:18PM -0800, Darrell Greenwood wrote:
>> On 3/24/03 at 3:49 PM -0600, Dylan Stewart wrote :
>>
>>> I really don't see how he is being rude at all.
>>
>> You appear to missing the point.
>>
>> I didn't send mail to Robert.
>>
>> I sent mail to *this list*.
>>
>> Robert routed all mail from *this list* to Spam Arrest which caused
>> any member of this list who posts to be challenged and receive two
>> pieces of spam. If you didn't receive a challenge, my message to him
>> got through and he is managing his list mail appropriately.
>>

> I agree fully. I have no intention I discussing with Robert. And he is
> probably missing most of these mails anyway (Perhaps someone who has
> already acknowledged this spamarrest thing should send him the entire
> thread, but probably this would be spam :).
>
> I have reported this verification mail as spam, to spamassassin.

How's this Robert anyway? Not Robert Benschop?

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power.
Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer
microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO,
Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display
with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids
through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2.
[IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html