Re: [NTLK] Tips on importing database to the Newton

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 16:07:05 PST

Hi,
I am writing again about this subject because I haven't yet been able
to import my database to the Newton.
I tried to achieve this result using the Performa connected with a
serial cable to the newton, instead of the Titanium using appletalk.
I used eBase and it connected to the Newton immediately. But it only
seems to export databases to the Mac and not import them.
I tried to use FilePad but I couldn't establish the connection, even
letting it try for a long time and setting the connection both on the
printer and modem port.

So, the only possibility seems to be creating the database on the
Newton and only after export them to the Mac.
It isn't surely comfortable for I would like to do the opposite and
especially using the Titanium and not the Performa :-/

Does anyone have ideas?
Sorry for repeating this question but it would be great for me to share
my databases with the Newton...

Thanks,
Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html