[NTLK] Black spot!

From: Mark Flisher (Mark.Flisher_at_btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 15:58:01 PST

Thought someone may have some clues to this?

I recharged my MP130 the other evening and after charging,I switched on and
used the backlight.

First I got a case of the flickering backlight but this seems to have now
disappeared (thankfully!) but I am left with another fault which I'm sure
was not there before.

When the backlight is switched on, a black fuzzy spot about 5mm in diameter
becomes visible on the lower edge of the screen - it is just off centre of
the screen to the left and just above the application bar - when in
'portrait'mode. It is not visible in 'non backlight' mode.

It remains no matter what the contrast is set to and no matter what the
screen orientation is. I have tried a deep reset - just in case it was
software related, but no difference.

Any ideas? I don't think it can be trapped dirt as this is my "mint"
collectible model that stays at home at all times.

Help/suggestions appreciated.

Mark

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html