Re: [NTLK] Repair or replace 2100?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 16:47:57 PST

on 18/03/03 18:15, John Evans at johnevans66_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Does this sound reasonable? Does opening the case change the quality of the
> Newt (not as snug of a fit of the case parts)? Also, if the rattling is from
> the piece of lower eject button, it sure would have had to migrate a ways to
> get to the top.
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm anxious to play with my newt, oy!

Opening the case won't change the quality of the Newton if done properly.
The PC card cages are indeed mounted onto the motherboard. I haven't checked
if they are connected through some sockets or soldered, though.

Did you remove the pen from the Newton when shaking it? Other than that, I
don't see any mechanical part moving inside...

-Laurent.

bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown
even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a
bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous.
Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the
mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England)
`bozoish'.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html