Re: [NTLK] Good report on Aftermarket Ac adaptor

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 00:02:06 PST

To be absolutely sure it would be the the best to measure the output voltage
of your converter in not loaded condition.
9V (voltage) would be definitely too much 9W (power) is exactly what you
need.
If you do not have the means to measure the output voltage, you can use the
built in voltage measurement of the Newt as well:
what the display of the source voltage (Avi) towards and after the fast
charging has finished.
During trickle charging the Newt will draw much less current with respect to
the one drawn during fast charging.
Thus the output voltage of your adapator might raise above 7V and that it
dangerous!!!

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html