Re: [NTLK] eMate working again, almost...

From: Andrew Shooner (shooner.3_at_osu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 18:17:54 PST

Hi,

I had the same problem with my old emate, and it does involve the
plunger that hist the button on your motherboard. Somehow it has gotten
confused or is physically not pushing the button down when it should
be. I was going to simply tape the button down, so my emate would
always be "on" and i would have to manually push the On button to turn
it on and off. I ended up just getting a new one anyway, so I never
really solved the problem. If you're a purist then you might try
pulling out the board and being sure the plunger is seated correctly,
etc.

Good luck hope this helps.

\Andy s

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html