Re: [NTLK] nSynch

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 06:08:54 PST

Robert:

Like yourself, my computer is a business unit so I can't afford to have
problems...

I waited to install nSync until the 0.3k version. It was just mildly
tempermental to get running (I can't remember what problem I had), but
then it did well in terms of moving through my contacts and dates. I
didn't get any halts like I saw previously on this list or on John
Anderson's list.

I did notice a problem, though. All of my dates were off by one hour.
If a meeting began at 9 a.m. on my Newton, it showed 10 a.m. on iCal. I
live in Indiana, where we do not change time for "Daylight Savings" and
I thought that might have created the problem. So I wrote John
Anderson, reported the problem, and he replied that he hadn't seen this
for some time but would try to take care of it in a later release.

I have not used nSync again because I haven't seen a new release of the
program (but I don't check all that frequently). I have considered the
Newtourage option, but I really wanted to be able to post my Newton
calendar on the web so that my colleagues could see my schedule on-line.

Patrick

peace.
it does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, trouble,