Re: [NTLK] Dongle

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 07:48:45 PST

Well, to their credit, they completly refurbished my
Newt. Got rid of the jaggies, replaced broken case
plastic and such...Mind you, this was over a year and
a half ago, so I doubt that this is available any
longer.
.Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)
--- Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:
> on 04-03-2003 6:58, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com
> wrote:
>
> > I attempted to fix it and it worked long enough
> for me to perform a backup and
> > send to Apple. They "fixed" the port as well, but
> it only lasted long enough
> > for me to restore my backup. Since then, it's been
> a lost cause.
>
> Ouch, so $ 180 for one restore?
>

> Robert Benschop
>
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
"A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by the impudent core of effete snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals"
 - Spiro Agnew, 1970