Re: [NTLK] pammaxx@yahoo.com Bad Seller on eBay

From: T. (midgard_at_dragon.org)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 09:07:29 PST

You know, what I find most ironic about this situation is that this
seller must be on this group, or else how could she have known I posted
this notice to the group? The user did an "investigation" on me with
eBay and pulled up my personal information. In doing so, she caused
eBay to send a copy of the investigation to my email account. I am sure
there is a law about public information being released as public
information versus a right to privacy. Since she is lurking on the
group, no doubt this discussion is being monitored by her like a
vulture waiting for it to die.. So I won't bother to get personal here
as to other parts of the nasty-grams she has sent me.

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 05:32 AM, Mark Rollins wrote:

> Subject: Re: [NTLK] pammaxx_at_yahoo.com Bad Seller on eBay

*snip*

> First, "pammaxx_at_yahoo.com" ain't "she" - it is "Mahoning Liquidators"
> but as
> near as I can tell not a 'real' company. The contact is "Jack" not
> "Pam".

That is not how she is listed from eBay's investigation. I don't know
where you got the above information. Don't wish to argue or divulge,
so, if both of our bits of info. are true, then I wonder what it means?

> They have a 'quaint' shipping policy of the following "I DO NOT EMAIL
> CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT,RECEIPT OF PAYMENT , SHIPPING DATE AND TRACKING
> NUMBERS . "

Yes, so I have learned. Nor do they indicate how they ship... as I said
she told eBay she uses UPS but told me it was shipped priority mail.

> Also, anything you buy is a crapshoot "For all of our computer and
> electronic devices they are in "untested, as is" because we cannot
> test all
> items ourselves. " Like they can't plug something in and see if it
> works?
> Curiously it seems as if almost all electronics they sell are things
> with
> "No power Supply" or "....no power cord".

What can I say? you're right. I should not have done business with
these folk. I hope I have learned my lesson as a shopper. I know I
won't be shopping her inventory again. I am sure she is reading this so
I will keep it on the up here... don't want an attorney after me. She
asked me to remove the original message I posted here. she told me to
never bid on her auctions again. I won't. I can promise that. Of course
I need to keep an eye out, if she decided to change nicknames, then I
will have to keep an eye open for that change! I wouldn't want to
accidently bid again with her.

> True they have some negative feedback, but my "eBay spider sense'
> tingles
> when you see a buyer assert there's a receipt for a MO that was
> cashed. Also
> there have been 2 bid retractions.

Yeah, I need to look closely at not just the item, but the description
and the background of the seller. Don't just go by "seller rating" but
READ the feedback history. No doubt when I post my feedback I'll be
slapped with a lawsuit for liable or slander or defamation of character
of loss of income, etc. You know? Some people enjoy wasting their time
by getting nasty rather than letting it go.

> My rule of thumb is that I'll usually e-mail someone (buyer or seller)
> with
> even 1 negative feedback, and ask why. Sometimes there's a simple
> explanation, which sounds reasonable. Other times I'm told to 'get
> bent'
> which means 'sure, I'll take my business elsewhere'.

I'll try that in the future.

> Remember, you are often buying from someone you have never met, and
> often do
> not know where they are from, nor even their gender. Personally I'd
> avoid
> this.

Timothy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html