Re: [NTLK] Pen drift: Solutions or possible trade?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 06:52:50 PST

on 2/28/03 10:36 PM, Peter Cameron at pdwc_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> Sometimes this will be enough to fix the problem. I'm guessing some cards are
> just a little bit thicker than others and exert pressure on places that don't
> like it.

Aha. I had my Newton go out of calibration twice in the past day or so. I
just remembered that during this, I did some heavy swapping in and out of
cards in my lower slot. One of them refused to go in, so I did a lot of in
and out movement, trying to get it aligned correctly (no, I didn't do any
forcing of anything). :-) I bet that was the cause for my Newton losing
alignment. It was only horizontal alignment that was lost, not vertical.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland