Re: [NTLK] PowerTrans Language application for Newton

From: Vincent Mendolia (vincentmendolia_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 16:19:34 PDT

>I went back and had a look at the messages I sent in Mar 2001 when I
ordered
>a couple of copies and used the following address: <
support_at_travel-cs.com >
>for Frank Wegener. This is the same one that appears on the site.
I've tried 'support_at_travel-cs.com' and 'info_at_travel-cs.com' which I
found in a Read Me file on the CD. No luck either way. You did give me
a lead on something though. I searched on Google for Frank Wegener and
it lead me to this German Message Board
(http://www.pda-lifestyle.de/cgi-bin/dcforum/
dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=newtonforum&conf=DCConfID4) that has a thread
on PowerTrans (4th one down) and looks like it's had fairly recent
posts. Unfortunately, it's in German (which I don't speak) but I'm
going to try posting something in there anyway, if I can figure out how
to. Maybe it will lead somewhere. You can see I'm fairly desperate.

>The reply to my original query took one day and serials were returned
5 days
>after my order which included the Newton ID codes and owner names.
Serials
>are tied to Owner Name.

That's bad news. I forgot that it would be tied to the Owner's Name. I
was even willing to try someone else's serial number (which I didn't
want to do) just to get this working.

>Are you trying to use v 3.2.2?

I have the original CD for 3.2. I tried downloading the update but I
need my UserID for that.

>Joel.

Thanks for the help Joel. if you can think of anything else, please let
me know.

-Vincent

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html