Re: [NTLK] Nitro/Neo to WinMe?

From: Gavin McKenzie (ntlk_at_gavinmckenzie.fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 11:09:54 PDT

Hmmm...how odd that this thread would come along today just while I'm
trying to get Nitro/Neo to work.

I've got a IBM ThinkPad A31p running WinXP. I've installed Nitro and Neo
on my MP2100 (I took care to install the US version) and here's what
happens...

I have a simple "Hello world" note in my Newton Outbox. I do a
Send->IrOBEX.

My laptop makes the "boing" sound and reports in the systray that "Newton
is in range". Then the systray icon switches to an animated
data-transfer icon. Hovering over the icon in the systray gives me the
following tooltip: "Wireless link with Newton at 115200bps"

A moment later the Newton reports: "Sorry, a problem has occurred
(-48809)"

The laptop stays stuck waiting for the transfer to keep going...

Further attempts on the Newt bring this: "Communications port is busy"

*sigh* it all seems sooo close.

I've been unable to send from the laptop either. I have the IrOBEX
settings for "Use OBEX:IrXfer" set on.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Gavin.