[NTLK] Announcing new version of NewtTest

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 16:54:38 PDT

Hi gang,

I am pleased to announce a new version of NewtTest.

I am in fact so pleased that I not only decided to
have a nice glass of single malt whisky after I sent
this mail, but to make NewtTest's version number 1.0
instead of 0.2 as I had planned.

What is NewtTest?

In a nutshell: NewtTest is a program that helps you test
your Newton and eMate hardware.

Where is NewtTest?

http://www.pda-soft.de/newttest.html (English page)
http://www.pda-soft.de/ge_newttest.html (German page)

Changes since version 0.1:

1) A couple of bug fixes.

2) Added system info view. This view provides miscellaneous
   interesting information (like the amount of RAM installed)
   at a glance.

3) Added backlight button. This button is always available,
   hence making software tests in the middle of the night
   much easier.

4) Added available heap display.

5) Added digitizer (touchscreen) subtests. Provides tests
   for pen position and touchscreen quality. This subtest also
   povides a convenient means to tell others where exactly on
   the screen something is happening.

6) Added battery info view. All available info about main and
   backup battery at a glance.

7) Added 42 page help book. Note that the help book isn't part
   of the application anymore, but a seperate book that can be
   opened from within the application. This became necessary
   because NewtTest with built-in help wouldn't have fit into
   the available memory of the OMP / MP 100.

Please let me know what you think. I'm especially interested
in bug reports, but don't mind the occasional confirmation that
everything works as I intended it to work.

And now back to the single malt...

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html