Re: [NTLK] Emate redux?

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 07:19:31 PDT

The Alphasmart 3000 has been around for years and is best compared to
the old Radio Shack TRS-80s -- both are indestructible and relatively
low-tech, though the AlphaSmart is a considerable upgrade from the old
Trash 80. My daughter used them in her third grade classroom as part of
a writing program. I think they cost the school only $200 apiece, with
a nearly full size keyboard, 8 line screen, built-in word processing
suite, and simple interface to plug into the teacher's pc for
downloading or printing. The kids dropped them, sat on them, batted
them around -- and they kept working fine. Don't think a Palm or Emate
is quite so robust...

Ed

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html