Re: [NTLK] questions on Newton

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 19:32:10 PST

on 29/01/03 19:39, M. Ross Jones at mrossjones_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> I have a messagepad 2000 that was upgraded to a 2100 during the mass upgrade
> that Apple had prior to discontinuing the messagepad.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> what is the largest storage card that will work with the Newton?

I'm not sure if anybody ever published a definitive answer to that, but,
personally, I'm using a 32 MB flash RAM card. I know that others with the
ATA driver have larger cards, but is the driver addressing all that space
(128, 256 or 512 MB)?

> will the LUCENT ORINOCO TURBO 11 GOLD WIRELESS PCCARD work with the
> messagepad?

Dunno. My Lucent ORiNOCO Silver works flawlessly with Hiroshi Noguchi
driver. Check his web site, he has a list of known to work cards. If yours
is there, then it should work...

-Laurent.

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html