[NTLK] Longtime listener, first time caller (new user)

From: Albert Muniz (hal_at_shout.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 09:27:00 PST

Hi,

My name is Al Muniz. You might remember me - I am one of the professors
who was interested in studying the Newton community (along with Hope Schau
from Temple University - our research webpage can be found here
fac.comtech.depaul.edu/amuniz/newton.htm ).

I first want to tell you "thank you'' to everyone who has helped us thus
far - we really appreciate it. The second thing I wanted to tell you is
that I am now a Newton owner myself. I bought a 2100 a few weeks ago and I
really like it. In fact, I'm composing this message on it -its really good
at reading my (really lousy) handwriting. Egg freckles, indeed.

I am posting because I need some help transfering information from my Palm
V to my Newton.

I already beamed my phone numbers, contact information and notes over
using BackTalk. That worked really well. However I am still unable to
transfer all the contents of my datebook over.

ThePalmOnMac approach won't work because I am using a Windoze based
machine (Palm desktop version 4.2). Palm desktop will let me export my
Calendar data info into a .dba file, but I can't seem to import a .dba
file into the Newton Using NCU.

Is there something I am missing here? Is there an easy way to transfer the
data other than beaming each event over seprately? Any help would be most
appreciated.

Thanks much (and I'm really liking being green).

Best,

Al

Albert Muniz
hal-at-shout.net