Re: [NTLK] OT-OS X Crash ->Trash

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 14:26:58 PST

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 11:32 Hi!, Chip Matteson wrote:

> I am in a situation where my iBook in OS X 10.2.3 locks up every time I
> empty the trash. Has anyone else come across this? Am I hosed? Do I
> need to
> re-initialize the HD. The iBook works fine otherwise.

I would try several things...

First of all there is a cool GUI permission setter called Batchmod that
has a force empty trash option...

Secondly if you have it, you should boot into 9.1 and run diskwarrior
2.1 to make sure your ibooks drive/file system is OK... this will not
be an option on the NEW powerbooks (yikes).

Thirdly you can try creating a new user from the System Preferences
panel and see if that user has any problems...

I think it is VERY unlikely that you will need to reformat/reinstall,
but it might take some fiddling to figure out what is going on...

If your in the Seattle area, I'd be happy to help,
Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html