Re: [NTLK] Newton Newbie (second time round)

From: Doug Parker (dougparker_at_progressdata.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 09:03:03 EST

From: "Tim Myers" <tim.myers_at_sunplan.com>
Subject: [NTLK] Newton Newbie (second time round)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:32:28 -0000

...snip...

   Thirdly, the battery pack that came with the 2100 was
   completely dead, I couldn't get any charge on it even
   if I used an external charger. I've split it open to
   replace the cells, does anyone know the capacity? 1200mAH
   tagged NiMh AA cells are easy to get hold of here in the
   UK, are these going to charge in my Newt?

I bought my NiMH cells from thomas distributing

   http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mh-dba-1700tab.htm

Be sure to buy any batteries with tabs--heat kills batteries. I've replaced
mine and it's wonderful.

Before you split the case, use a caliper

   http://www.physics.smu.edu/~scalise/apparatus/caliper/ for example

and measure the case thickness. After replacing the batteries, measure the
thickness again. Tolerances are VERY tight.

I use a solvent to cement the battery case halves--get it from your local
plastics shoppe. It works wonderfully.

Doug Parker

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html