[NTLK] Newton Newbie (second time round)

From: Tim Myers (tim.myers_at_sunplan.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 14:32:28 EST

A long time ago, I had an MP120, which I foolishy traded for something
smaller - big mistake #1. Later I bought a Windows CE machine in
preference to an MP2000 - big mistake #2.

So now, after years of donkeying about with Palms, Jornadas, iPaqs, I've
returned to the land of the green, and just bought an 2100 from Ebay
(not yet arrived!) and a 'dead' 2100 for spares, it's keyboard, dongle
and the like. Turns out that the 'dead' 2100 needs a new resistive
touchscreen element - the rest of the screen is OK.

First question, can I get a replacement touchscreen element from
anywhere? Maybe someone has a dead 2100 in the UK I could buy from them
for the touchscreen element?

Second question, I've heard various mentions of things like OutLink to
synchronise with my MS Outlook address book - what's the definative
answer to this, I believe the company who made the Outlook link softwrae
are either out of business, or don't sell it anymore, and it's only
available as a demo.

Thirdly, the battery pack that came with the 2100 was completely dead, I
couldn't get any charge on it even if I used an external charger. I've
split it open to replace the cells, does anyone know the capacity?
1200mAH tagged NiMh AA cells are easy to get hold of here in the UK, are
these going to charge in my Newt?

I'm just sorry I've been away so long...

Tim.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html