Re: [NTLK] 2100 won't recognize screen inputs and freezes

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 11:14:36 EST

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 02:01:27AM -0800, Rodney Withers wrote:

> I sent out a post earlier today on the legendary 2100
> not waking up and received some good info.
>
> I follow the previous requests and instructions. The
> MP now starts up however I get the following states,
> randomly.
>
> 1. Green screen, no images, with chime
> 2. Newton startup screen with slip indicating systen
> battery low.(Im not able to select "x" to close slip)

Are you letting it sit through package activation? That could thwart
success pretty quickly...

Plug in newt. Get number 2 above. don't do anything to the newt for 30
or 40 seconds.

After dying due to battery too low, the newt has to reactiveate all the
stored packages in main memory and on inserted cards. This can take a
while, and while it's doing it, the newt is VERY SLUGGISH to the point
of almost unresponsive.

--
4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.