Re: [NTLK] 2100 won't recognize screen inputs and freezes

From: Rodney Withers (mryendor_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 13:17:06 EST

I performed the following on the recommendations of
the Newton Community:

1.Took out battery, adapter, and cards -- newton sat
for 2 hours

2. Plugged in adapter and battery -- performed soft
reset and the newton goes to blank green screen.

3. Repeated Number one and plugged adapter and card --
performed a deep reset -- newton wakes up and tells me
it restarted because battery was too low. Screen
accepts no inputs from stylus. After a few moments, it
goes to sleep. I pull power switch and it wakes back
up with same message.

4. Redo step one -- performed hard reset. I get the
dialog box asking if I want to erase all data however
the newton accepts no screen inputs from stylus.

So it seems it's in a coma of some sort. I called
Apple and opened a case however I wanted to contact
you all one more time before I commit to sending to
Apple and lose all my data.

Recommendation?

rw