Re: [NTLK] 2100 won't recognize screen inputs and freezes

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 08:32:26 EST

on 22/01/03 05:01, Rodney Withers at mryendor_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I sent out a post earlier today on the legendary 2100
> not waking up and received some good info.
>
> I follow the previous requests and instructions. The
> MP now starts up however I get the following states,
> randomly.
>
> 1. Green screen, no images, with chime
> 2. Newton startup screen with slip indicating systen
> battery low.(Im not able to select "x" to close slip)
>
> Now I have taken out the battery and unplug the
> adapter for a while (couple of hours) and retrirf
> process.
>
> What other alternatives do I.

Not sure what to suggest, Rodney. Is there any valuable information you
would like to save? If not, did you try a hard reset? I'm not sure it would
work. It's hard to tell without seeing the Newton but from what you
describe, it seems like some kind of hardware problem.

-Laurent.

flamage /flay'm*j/ n.: [very common] Flaming verbiage, esp. high-noise, low-signal postings to Usenet or other electronic fora. Often in the phrase `the usual flamage'. `Flaming' is the act itself; `flamage' the content; a `flame' is a single flaming message. See flame, also dahmum.