Re: [NTLK] OT Safari does damage...

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 01:16:52 EST

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 06:19 :-), Brian Pearce wrote:

>> ...Jaguar was installed over the previous OS X, not a reformat.
>
> Ordinarily, I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to reformat my drive
> before installing OS X 10.2...stuff like that often seems based more in
> superstition than in actual fact. But I did so, and I haven't had any
> problems whatsoever; you might give that a try.

I have had good luck with the "archive and install preserving Users and
Network settings" option...

Basically it does a clean install of 10.2 and then transfers the
users/settings.

I think 10.2.3 is pretty sketchy for sure. I also has the kernel panic
at logout problem:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?14_at_97.L5OXarGveLt.8@.3bbd2dcd

Hopefully 10.2.4 comes soon.
Marty