Re: [NTLK] Installing NIE or NCU on new Mac

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 18:35:11 EST

on 13-01-2003 11:47, Danny at dannyzumwalt_at_mac.com wrote:

> I've heard about using ethernet to do this.. and I do have a compatible
> PCMCIA ethernet card, but dont' know exactly how to connect and sync
> the two. I am not sure if I have NIE installed. How do I tell?

Check in Extras -> Extensions (should definitely have Newton Devices and the
driver(s) for your Ethernet card in there)

Next make sure that you're using your Ethernaet card for AppleTalk (Extras
->Prefs -> AppleTalk) and in Dock tap 'Connect to' 'Other Computer'
while NCU (or whatever app you're using) is already open and waiting so that
the Newt has something to connect to.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html