Re: [NTLK] A Mostly Dead 2000

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 10:29:29 EST

"Frank Gruendel" <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:

> Did you try every reset type outlined here?
>
> http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html
>
> If you did, and if you tried reseating the ROM board, you could try
> cleaning the ROM board's conector pads with a pencil eraser.

(*snip*)

Um, the pencil eraser (pink) idea isn't necessarily the best way, as
they tend to leave an oily residue. Use a typewriter eraser (white)
instead. I used to follow up such connector cleansings with a quick
rubdown of the connectors with a lint-free cloth soaked with Isopropyl
alcohol back in my hardware technician days ....

> Frank

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html