Re: [NTLK] An Ethernet dilemma ...

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 15:17:21 EST

russbravo_at_lineone.net wrote:
> You see, I get software via my eMate, which I connect to the PowerMac =
> with a serial cable, and to the iMac via a Keyspan USB to 9-pin adaptor. =
> So far, so good. I've got NIE 2 plus the 3Com driver and patch, plus =
> Newton Devices etc across via card, but enetsup.pkg will not play ball. =
> It won't allow itself to be saved onto a card, only onto the internal =
> store - and it won't allow itself to be beamed. So I can get it onto my =
> eMate, but not onto my 2000. Aaaaaarrrgh!

This is because it has the copy-protection bit set on the package. I wrote a
tool for Windows that lets you change this bit to "unlock" such packages. I
don't know of an equivalent for Windows. *BUT* there is a package for the
Newton that will patch the OS to ignore this bit. It's called EEUnprotect and
it's at UNNA:

http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/system_enhancements/EEUnProtect/

Install it onto your eMate, beam it over to the 2100, and then you should be
able to deal with Ethernet support :)