Re: [NTLK] Newton Connection Utilities Replacement?

From: John Del Pizzo (jrd_at_delcannsoftware.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 11:11:46 EST

>> AppleTalk is active under 10.2.3 as shown by my Network Preferences in
>> OSX, but it seems that 10.2.3 has made a change in how it manages
>> network connections which has made NCU pretty useless at this point.
>>
>> Is anyone else out there experiencing this problem under 10.2.3? If
>> so, is there a solution?

I have a similar problem. For some reason, Classic doesn't recognize that
AppleTalk is active. What I've found is that if I open the dock app and tap
on 'connect to other computer' and then launch NCU, AppleTalk is magically
available. I only have to do this so that the Newton finds the right
computer name. After that, I just start a connection to that computer and
then launch NCU. AppleTalk will usually be there - although it may take 2 or
3 launches.

Hope this helps.

John

---