[NTLK] signal to noise ratio, was Re: Forum?

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 00:50:38 EST

hi -

well, i mostly lurk here, and often get hundreds of messages "behind"
in my reading. but i hang in there and tend to the housekeeping,
because despite the chaff there is a LOT of valuable content here.

so it comes down to some old saw about whether one is willing to be
standing the heat, and using that to aid one's decision on whether or
not to depart the venerable kitchen.

(and the example you picked wasn't the best one to select; it was
merely ribbing between friends. in fact, again from the lurker's point
of view, you can get to "know" the members of this **community**
through their off-topic stuff - humor, politics, etc etc, so maybe the
"noise" is what makes this place so good)

On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 09:23 PM, Scott Clitheroe wrote:

> Not to be too nasty about it,
> but I have to say that the signal to
> noise ratio on this list is among the worst I've ever seen.
>
> -Scott
-- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html