Re: [NTLK] UnAvailWorks

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 16:18:51 EST

In a previous message, David Orriss Jr typed vigorously:

>> I've sent an email to several alternate Pelicanware addresses in order
>> to find out from Don Vollum whether they've shut the shop down on
>> purpose, or just forgotten to renew their domain.
>
>Don't bother. I found that out myself late 2002 from Broadcast Software
>(aka Unboxed.com). They were told by Don Vollum to continue to take
>orders as long as people kept ordering, but that they were shutting down
>the company.

Bah.

Never say never. If there's any chance that they might release the
software or the source into the community seeing as they are no longer
willing or wanting to support it, there's always the opportunity to talk
to them about it.

I'm hoping that Don Vollum and company will see the benefit of turning
the Pelicanware assets over to the Newton community.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/