Re: [NTLK] LaserJet

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 08:03:40 EST

Robert:

> Am I right that any these printers will work fine with a Mac, regardless if
> the type is with or without the 'M' as long as I connect over Ethernet?

I decided to go with the "4MV" version of HPLaser Jet so I can't help you
with this "M" thing. Nevertheless I needed to install a JetDirect card in
order to give it Ethernet access (and support to Ethertalk).

Adding memory also helped it to process big postscript jobs (of course this
will no be the case when you are using the Newton but is really an issue if
you work with desktop publishing)

> And don't they all support infrared?

No IR in my 4MV and I supposed that none of these 4 series printers do IR.

> If the LaserJet 4 doesn't have infrared (it looks like that) how hard would
> it be to print from the Newt over Ethernet/WaveLan?
> (printer would be attached to a router)

No problem - I can print using wavelan or directly with the newton printpack
cable.

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html