Re: [NTLK] Software reccomendation and Surfing!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 13:01:58 EST

Well, I don't know how OSX works, but I doubt it. The
reason why is that this MIME is set in the webserver.
As a client, you don't need to set the MIME. The only
way I can see this affecting your OSX is if you set
the MIME in your webserver and this setting affects
your MIME configurations for the whole machine. If
this is the case, then it will...otherwise, I don't
think so.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Newtvana <newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com> wrote:

> Ed, do you know if this interferes with the delivery
> of Mac OS X .pkg
> files?
>
> ...Ross...
>
> On Thursday, January 2, 2003, at 09:04 AM, Ed
> Kummel wrote:
> > The most important thing is to make sure that you
> set
> > the mime type correctly. The one that works for me
> is:
> >

> > Associated extension .PKG
> > Content Type (MIME)
> > application/x-newton-compatible-pkg

=====
May every SPAM you receive magically come true.
 -Spencer F. Katt; eWeek magazine