Re: [NTLK] Email probs with MP2000

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 23:17:23 EST

on 02/01/03 21:33, Michael Detlefsen at mdetlefsen_at_mac.com wrote:

> I have an upgraded 2000 that I used several years ago with a modem card
> to get email with. I recently installed a 3Com ethernet card and
> drivers. I can get Nethopper to work OK with via the ethernet
> connection, but so far using it to get email is not working. I
> consistently get an error message saying that authentication has
> failed after sending PASS (my password here).
>
> This happens with both of my email accounts with different ISPs.
>
> All this used to work OK when using the modem card.
>
> I'm using Enroute as the email program.
>
> Anyone have any troubleshooting hints?

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest that you create a specific
work site for your Ethernet access. Then, make sure that you add EnRoute
info to this worksite. Also make sure that the owner info card is active
when you initiate the connection. If you had it working with the modem, I
see no reason why it wouldn't work with Ethernet. I'm just guessing that
you're using a different worksite, or you're using the same worksite, but it
doesn't have all the info in it for Ethernet access...

-Laurent.

fascist adj.: [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The variant `fascistic' seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy with `touristic' (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish `faschistisch').