Re: [NTLK] Email probs with MP2000

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 03:23:06 EST

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 Michael Detlefsen wrote:

.
> I consistently get an error message saying
> that authentication has failed after sending
> PASS (my password here).

I am using SimpleMail, btw, so this may not
directly apply to you.

The thing which seems to make all the difference
is to make sure the "Authenticate" check box is
set correctly. I'm not sure where this would
be in Enroute, but in SimpleMail it is in the
SimpleMail entry in the Owner Info slip.

I accidentally had this one set when I first
installed SimpleMail and got exactly the
symptoms you described. Unchecking it made
things work perfectly.

Julian

--
Sent via Newton