Re: [NTLK] New sync problems

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 23:07:50 PST

on 01.03.2003 2:00 Uhr, Karl and Kathleen Prihoda at kapri_at_cfl.rr.com typed
vigorously:

> My information is getting CORRUPTED! There are dates and names missing
> now. In fact I have lost phone numbers, but not the contact. This is
> very bad because this is my business list of contacts.

I tried syncing to Claris Organizer a couple of times and it also corrupted
my data, especially everything that was related to Repeating Meetings.
Someone on this list then told me that this is a commmon problem.

> Any ideas?
>
> I am running OS 10.2.4 and syncing in classic.

Since you're running Mac OS X, why don't you try using the software nSync,
available from

www.everchanging.com/newton

(As they say though, DO backup your data beforehand, since the software's
still in the beta phase.)

Another word of advice: I don't know what kind of connection you're using,
but spend the couple of bucks on an Ethernet card for your Newton. The
serial connection is sloooow and unreliable, i.e. the money you spend on
such a card will spare both your time and your nerves.

chris searles

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html