Re: [NTLK] WorldComm (UUNet) PAL Dialer

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 20:03:00 PST

WEll, My Newton's UUNET/Worldcom dialup configuration
(which works well...I know, it's where I work) is
configured as follows:
Protocol: PPP
Configuration: Server
UserID: whatever you have
Access Number: whatever you have
Primary DNS/Name Server Address: 198.6.1.1
Alternate DNS/Name Server Address: 198.6.1.2
Alternate DNS/Name Server Address: 198.6.1.3
Domain Name: <None>
Login Script: [6 Step(s)]
The following is the login script:
Wait for login:
send user name
send paragraph
wait for word
send password
send paragraph
done
Time Out 60 seconds
Modem Settings: 28.8 and faster

This works for me using any of the PC card modems I
have.
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Hans Derycke <hans_at_derycke.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm trying to connect to the internet using the
> settings from the
> WorldComm PAL Dialer (that's Phone Access Lookup).
> I've copied the
> phone number, user id , password, domain, and I've
> created a connection
> slip using the UUnet script (PAL is a UUnet
> product). The only thing I
> don't have is DNS servers. The connection seems to
> go fine until some
> time after the password is sent: I get disconnected,
> and I get a
> message that my userid, password, or some other
> setting probably isn't
> right (I've double-checked the user id and
> password).
>
> Does anyone on the list have any experience with
> this? The Worldcomm
> web site was particularly unhelpful.
> --
> Hans Derycke
> E pur si muove
>
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
"A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by the impudent core of effete snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals"
 - Spiro Agnew, 1970