Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL PrelimBinaries 1.0

From: Heiko Cultus (ching_at_gmx.de)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 09:19:19 PST

Am Freitag, 28.02.03 um 07:26 Uhr schrieb Paul Guyot:

> Il me semble que le 27/2/03 à 21:37 +0100, Heiko Cultus nous racontait:
>> Cooool, just tested delivery on Mac OSX, works over AppleTalk and=20
>> TCP/IP without a Problem. Only with ZeroConf the newton don't find
>> a=20
>> Server.
> Could you please elaborate how you tried to discover the Mac?

FYI: I have a German Newton 2100. Connected is the Newton via Lucent
Silver WLan Cards with my TFT-iMac.

First I have installed Dock TCP/IP 1.0 with Ethernet and Delivery, No
Problems.
Then I have tried Thomas Tempelton TCP/IP with the IP-Address of my
iMac on the Newton side and Delivery using RendezVous, No Problems.
When I choose connect with TCP/IP(->Pref->Manual settings->IP from My
Newton/Port3679) on the Newton I can install Packages, too.
Only with TCP/IP(->Pref->ZeroConf) I can not install packages.

> The Newton should connect to the Internet, the browser should appear
> and reveal the mac after less than 1 second.
The "choose a server" window is there, but no Mac to choose.

> Could you please try to put the RendezVous address instead of the IP
> in the manual settings to see if it works? This address is definied
> in the Sharing preference panel (include the .local).
After a while, a message appears: " cannot find server"Wakko.local"

Heiko

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html