Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL PrelimBinaries 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 22:26:35 PST

Il me semble que le 27/2/03 à 21:37 +0100, Heiko Cultus nous racontait:
>Cooool, just tested delivery on Mac OSX, works over AppleTalk and=20
>TCP/IP without a Problem. Only with ZeroConf the newton don't find a=20
>Server.

Er. I think that one of the most stable things in these
PrelimBinaries, in addition to the XSL, is the Dock module with
ZeroConf for the Newton.

Could you please elaborate how you tried to discover the Mac?

You need to proceed as follows:

On the Mac:
Start Delivery
Tap the Prefs icon (right-hand)
Choose RendezVous
Tap Set
Tap the Start server icon (left-hand)

On the Newton:
Start Dock
Choose TCP/IP
Tap prefs (apparently I did a mistake, ZeroConf isn't always selected
by default)
Choose Use RendezVous
Keep a default NIE link configuration or choose Ask
Close the prefs
Tap connect

The Newton should connect to the Internet, the browser should appear
and reveal the mac after less than 1 second. Tap the line with the
Mac you want to connect to, it shows its local address (e.g.
droopy.local) and the port (since you cannot choose it yet, it's IANA
assigned 3679).

If you did proceed as written here and it didn't work but it worked
with manual settings, we have a problem.
Could you please try to put the RendezVous address instead of the IP
in the manual settings to see if it works? This address is definied
in the Sharing preference panel (include the .local).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/