Re: [NTLK] NCU issues

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 07:05:50 PST

on 28/02/03 05:41, Michael Sciascia at msciascia_at_poc.it wrote:

> On Wednesday, Feb 26, 2003, at 16:07 Europe/Rome, Laurent Daudelin
> wrote:
>>
>> NCU relies on the older Communication Toolbox technology, where Apple
>> provided components that applications could use to establish
>> communication
>> with various devices. One of these component is the 'AppleTalk ADSP'
>> tool
>> (ADSP stands for Apple Data Stream Protocol). Somehow, your system
>> lost this
>> tool, so that's why it's complaining about it because NCU recorded in
>> its
>> preferences that you used this tool in the past. So, start up the NCU
>> installer again and select a custom install. Then, choose the
>> communication
>> toolbox tools.
>>
> Last week I reinstalled OS 9 on my Titanium only to use NCU but I
> couldn't get the installer to work...
> So I tried using the version I have on the Performa and I get the same
> error about Apple Talk...
> I solved the problem of transferring data to the Newton using NetHopper
> and now with DCL PrelimBinaries :-)
> Has anybody been able to install NCU on OS 9.2?

Yes, I've been able to install it quite a few times. What is your specific
problem when you say "I couldn't get the installer to work"? That's a bit
vague if you want help ;-)

-Laurent.

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way,
particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like
going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later."
2. n. The resulting code.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html