Re: [NTLK] AppleTalk problem

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 15:30:10 PST

Paul,

Go to the System Preferences, and choose Network. Then under Show for
your location (mine's Automatic), choose Network Port Configurations.
Make sure Built-in Ethernet is at the top - you can drag it up there if
it's not. OS X only allows one protocol to use AppleTalk at any given
time, so if your Airport configuration grabs it first, you're out of
luck for Built-in Ethernet. This may be your problem. Once you've got
the order squared away, you should be able to pick Built-in Ethernet
from Show, then click on the AppleTalk port and click on Make AppleTalk
Active. You should be good to go then.

- Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html