[NTLK] AppleTalk problem

From: Paul Jones (jonesp_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 14:33:14 PST

Hi,

I am having a problem with AppleTalk on my PowerBook G4 (500Mhz). I
connect my Newton 2100 to my Mac via ethernet. I have not done this is
a while and today when I tried, I found that AppleTalk does not appear
to be working.

It worked fine in the past. I created a new 'Location' with just the
Ethernet port selected and ticked 'AppleTalk', then clicked 'Apply
Now'. The first sign that it was not working is that at the bottom of
the Network window, it says 'To Choose a Zone, first click Apple Now to
turn on Appletalk'....Em, I just did that!

Anyway, I booted up classic and no joy, AppleTalk is not on and I
cannot switch it on. I then booted into OS9 (same system folder) and it
works fine. Good old OS9.

I tried a different user. No joy. I installed 10.2 on another
partition. No joy. I then installed 10.1 on the partition (erased
first). Still the same!!! That same message always stays there.

Anyone got any ideas? I cannot think of anything else to try. Its very
odd that it worked fine before now and now will not work at all.

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html