Re: [NTLK] MarWare Executive Stand

From: Matthew Reidsrow (junkmail_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:33:25 PST

-----Original Message-----
I guess I have to admit that what I am currently using to prop up my
Newton is not as elegant looking as the MarWare stand.

But, it is cheap and readily available. I am using a plate stand. They
come in endless choices of size and finish in places like Target,
WallMart, and the like. Cost is usually less than $5 US, unless you get
carried away on the style. If you want to use Landscape mode, go for
the plate stand designed to hold a platter.
--------------------------

I just took some fabric and made a little bag, filled it with old beans I
was never going to cook, and sewed it shut. I use my MP2k in Landscape mode
only, so I have the port door facing left, and my ethernet card facing up so
the dongle fits nicely. I then open the screen coverand put the bag o' beans
between the back of the MP and the front of the screen cover. The beans
don't move thanks to the rubbery coating on the screen door, and it holds my
Newt up at the perfect angle, and I can easily reposition it by just sliding
it across my desk.

Of course, I am very anal about my desk surface being clean (I clean it
daily) so if you are a big grubby, don't infect your screen cover b y
resting it on your dirty desk and sliding it around. :)

-msr

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html