Re: [NTLK] Finding the mac address for an ethernet card on the Newton?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 14:11:03 PST

If you have an IP assigned to it on the Newton, you could ping it from another
machine -- and then check the ARP table on that machine. Under Windows or
most *nix systems, you could do that with "arp -a" fairly easily. I don't know
anything about any recent MacOSes though, sorry -- but I assume it can be done
fairly easily. Probably also with "arp -a" under X, right?

 - John...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html