[NTLK] Connecting newtourage via serial

From: bob barkany (bob_at_barkany.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 09:25:51 PST

Hello everyone
Can you help?
G4 with Keyspan serial adaptor
2100 w/dongle
I cannot remember how to connect to newt via serial adaptor
Everything is connected and I ³connect² on the newton and then try to
connect on the mac and I get message² Unable to open any pipes.Please make
sure this computer has open serial ports or Appletalk is active²
How does one ³open serial ports²?
This is a real pain. And I still cannot get connected via ethernet despite
everything that has been written about connecting over appletalk with
ethernet card.
Might have to get my Filofax out again he whinges
-- Bob Barkany, Photographer
   tel +44 (0) 7973 666 243
    www.barkany.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html