Re: [NTLK] LocalTalk <=> EtherNet

From: Suannp_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 21:03:12 PST

Sounds interesting... I read it, but I don't really understand it. Could
someone please explain how you can use an old MAC to do this? How would this
function with a Newton? I have an LCIII and a Classic sitting in a closet?

Thanks, Su

In a message dated 2/11/03 8:36:28 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net writes:

<< > i have a PCMCIA ethernet card for the emate.. but the reason i want
> ethernet
> on my localtalk is because i could use internet anywhere in the
> house.. (not
> enough money for wireless)
> ~Joshua Braddock~

you could also garbage pick some type of old mac with ethernet and use
that as a bridge...

I use a performa 475 that way, and it works well.

Actually the bridge the others are describing is (I think) a localtalk
to ethernet bridge, but I don't think it would for for TCP/IP over
localtalk which is actually quite a different idea...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html