Re: [NTLK] Toshiba PC Card with ATA Support

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 23:05:28 PST

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 11:49 , Peter Cameron wrote:

> This leaves
> about 300K of heap for programs to play in. Much less than this and heap
> intensive operations (such as internet programs) will begin to slow
> down.

It goes a bit against the way the Newton was designed, but there is no
need that programs have to be NewtonScript based and suffer under heap
constraints. On the C++ side, a 2100 has about 2.5 MB of RAM. I'm
thinking about moving more parts of my programs into that area: Faster
and less memory trouble.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html