Re: [NTLK] Lantern, Get_Card_Info.pkg & IBM Ethernet Credit CardII

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 07:49:03 PST

À (At) 13:16 -0500 1/2/03, David Holmes écrivait (wrote) :
>1) Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (EC2T
>
>In case 1) I get no Install error but when I insert
>the card it says:
>
>[ ] There is a problem with this
> card. (Newton cannot
> recognize this type of card.)

So the card wasn't recognized.

Please remind me the problem here. This card, unlike your IBM card,
doesn't have a CIS data parsing issue, right?

>2) Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard xEC2Ty
>
>In case 2) I get the same message I was getting before
>so the length must be the problem:

It is indeed. You can know about the length if you use a NewtonScript
debugger to catch the exception sent by lantern.

>Does the driver Init() need to be functional to get this far?

Er. You mean the NE2K Lantern's driver?
It would be interesting to see if it was called, but I think that
when you got the first message it was that no matching driver was
called.
Does GetCardInfo return the full string?

>I am getting a compile warning from the NE2000Sample.impl.h
>of:
>
>"### warning:
> constructor for embedded class object 'fTickTime' will not be run"

I think this is ok.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/